Friday 22 January 2016

Sunny yellow on not so sunny days

The weather is here is so crazy at the moment, super hot one minute and the next minute I'm needing to put on a jumper! I'm usually a summer loving girl but as my scrapbooking room has no air conditioning it is nice to have some cooler weather for creating.  Today's page is a creation for the 123 challenge.  The criteria is to use the colour yellow, texture and the word "together".  
123 Challenge

Here is my layout:


I used a range of papers on this layout including the following:
Bo Bunny - "Genivieve"
My Minds Eye - "Kate and Co"
Kaisercraft - "Fine and Sunny"
Kaisercraft - "Lilac Ave"
I always get an extra buzz taking papers from different companies and ranges and working them together to create. It is something that I have only recently had the confidence to do.

I was so excited when I saw that the technique was texture as I have been itching to try out an embossed acetate technique seen on Pinterest.  I was so excited that I had a honeycomb embossing folder (Kaisercraft) to match honeycomb print in the main paper. To add further texture I also used a script folder (Cuttlebug) on the same piece.  After painting over the acetate I waited impatiently for it to dry (I was reluctant to use a heat gun on plastic) before sanding the raised areas lightly. Further texture has been added with corrugated card, paper napkins, texture paste, metal charms and lace. Here are some close ups of the details;




Until next time...

Rach xx

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Rachel, love all the texture and beautiful details. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania. My first comment on my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks amazing, so many wonderful details.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge Blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I loved your yellow and purple take on the challenge. Purple is a favourite colour of mine.

      Delete
  3. Love your page so much, all the texture, its awesome. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete