Tuesday 12 January 2016

Post Christmas Creating

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. My darling hubby gave me the complete series of Dr Quinn Medicine Women for Christmas so I have been happily watching this as I scrap away including the layouts below.

First up is the January challenge for Funky Flair Studio with the criteria of using orange, stenciling and a Funky Flair.

Whist I'm always happy to stencil using orange is most definitely outside my comfort zone.  This is what I came up with...


For stenciling I used texture paste with a chevron and honeycomb stencil as well as through dry wall mesh, also gesso with a bubbles stencil and mists with an alphabet/numbers stencil.  The papers were mostly from the few rare orange sheets in my stash with the exception of the background sheet which was purchased on the weekend for 50c (gotta love those bargains!!).

Next up is the December challenge for the Funky Flair Studio.

Oh how pretty is this one!! Pink and blue, a snowflake and a Funky Flair.  Here is my creation...


Once again I proud to say I mostly scrapped from my stash making use of some papers that had been in my collection for a looooong time (one sheet was new and I only ended up using the smallest piece of it).

Last but not least is this layout I made using the "Treasured Moments" collection by Kaisercraft (with a bit of pink paper from "The Lakehouse" (also Kaisercraft) thrown in. It is such a gorgeous collection to create with and I look forward to creating a few more layouts from this range.

That's all for now. The weather here is cooling down now which is perfect for more scrapbooking. It was a little hot in my craft room the past few days.

Rach xx

No comments:

Post a Comment