Saturday 23 July 2016

Stop and Smell the Roses - Scrap the Girls July Challenge

Hi All,

I'm sharing my FOURTH challenge for this month (whoot I surpassed my goal to complete three this month!!). This challenge was for Scrap the Girls using this fun sketch.
For my layout I rotated the sketch by 180 degrees as I thought my photo looked better placed on the right hand side of the page.  I just purchased the gorgeous Decorative Doily die by Kaisercraft and was itching to use it in a project so have used die cut doilies in the place of circles (Kaisercraft, Couture Creations and Spellbinders dies).  I added a third doily near the photo to give more visual weight to this area and because I love patterned paper I snuck in an extra few layers.  As the background paper already had a lot of interest I didn't include the embellishment cluster at the bottom of the sketch.

I was so happy to finally use some papers by Webster's Designs (Sunday Picnic) which have been in my stash for quite some time waiting for the right photo.  I added in some paper by Bo Bunny (Prairie Chic) and My Minds Eye (Kate & co.).  The hessian embellishments are by The Craft Stall, flair by Funky Flair Studio, pearls by Kaisercraft and the little bird was purchased off e-bay.




Thanks again for looking at my layout. I love being able to share my work with friends, family and other scrapbookers as well as draw inspiration from the work of others.

Until next time...

Rachel x

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I really love what you do with the sketch, it's a gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely page. I really like the layers of paper and that sweet flair.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun page, love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, gorgeous colours, and I love how you flipped the sketch. Thanks for playing along at STG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the embellishments and how you flipped the sketch/ Thanks for playing along with STG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous layout, thanks for joining us at STG ♥

    ReplyDelete