Saturday 23 July 2016

Take Me To The Ocean - Scrap the Boys July Challange

Hello,

Well I have just completed my 3rd challenge this month, this time for Scrap the Boys.  


What a wonderful theme to warm us up during these chilly winter days.  My friend gave me permission to use a beautiful photo of her little boy at the beach for this challenge. I had a great time experimenting with using a plastic bag to apply Twinkling H2Os for my background. I then sprayed on some water to take some colour off in places and added some subtle stamping with a Kaisercraft wood grain stamp and Lagoon Ink.   I also used gesso, muslin, hessian and glitter embossing powders to add some texture to the page to try to give the impression of sand and foam from the waves. The Kaisercraft circle mesh die and sequins were used as they reminded me of bubbles and water.  The papers, die cuts and wood veneers are all from the Kaisercraft Costal Escape Range.  Now for my page...

And a few close ups of the details:



Thanks for looking.  So happy to have met my goal of three challenges this month and think I may have time to squeeze in another one or two.

Rach xx

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful. Love everything about it. Thank you for playing along with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete